Twi language is one of the major dialects of the Akan language which is a member of the Kwa sub-group under the Niger-Congo family of languages. It is spoken by almost 7 million people most of whom reside in Ghana.
Tomedes has many Twi language translation experts who specialize in translating between Twi and a variety of other languages including Twi to English and English to Twi translation. Our language translation experts are highly learned and experienced in their language pairs and guarantee the best quality translation at the most reasonable charges.
- Twi is primarily spoken in Ghana by the Akan people. They are found in the Ashanti Region, certain parts of Central, Eastern, Western, Volta and the Brong Ahafo Regions of Ghana.
- Twi speakers comprise of the Ashantis, the Akuapems, the Fantes, the Kwawus, the Bonos or Brongs, the Denkyiras and the Akyems.
- The primary dialects of Twi are Akuapim Twi, Ashanti Twi and Fante Twi. All of these dialects are mutually intelligible.
- Akuapim Twi was the first Twi dialect used for translating the Bible. This led it to be recognized as the prestige dialect.
- The Bureau of Ghana Languages has developed a common script for writing all Twi dialects.
- Twi phonology is characterized by vowel harmony, tone terracing, and extensive palatalization which is typical of all Akan dialects.
- Akan languages including Twi have fifteen vowels which include five "tense" vowels, five "lax" vowels and five nasal vowels.
- Twi language displays high, mid and low phonemic tones. The initial syllable can either be high or low.
Tomedes is a one-stop-shop for all your document translation requirements. We can provide you high quality Twi language translation services to and from almost any other language. Moreover we have language translation providers who are variously specialized in many different domains and can offer high quality medical translation, legal translation, academic translation and web site translation. We offer an optimal document translation deal comprising of high quality, low cost and short turnaround time. You can get an instant translation quote for any project from the top menu – it's completely free. For more details or other translation requests please get in touch with us.